Warrnambool

12.20.2013

Warrnambool: the first place I ever drove on the "wrong" side of the road.  Although no one got hurt, I must have turned on the windshield wipers by accident approximately three dozen times (it's so confusing to have the indicators on the opposite side of the steering wheel!).  This sleepy town is also where I tried my first Australian parma (I must say, I really don't get the hype...).  It's also the place Michael and I started our tour of the Great Ocean Road.  The weather didn't quite cooperate, especially considering that it's summertime in the land of Oz, but the views were still fantastic.  Cliffs carved out of the side of the land, beautiful beaches, and water you can see down for hundreds of meters.  I think the reason I'm so fond of this road is because much of it reminds me of one of my favorite places of all time: Sunset Cliffs in San Diego.

(p.s. you can buy a print, among other items of my first photo here: http://bit.ly/18Dvljk)

DSC_8473 edited
DSC_8381 edited
DSC_8527 edited
DSC_8414 edited
DSC_8438 edited
DSC_8558 edited
DSC_8464 edited
DSC_8481 edited
DSC_8515 edited

0 comments:

Post a Comment

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Serendipitous Misadventures All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger