Autumn's arrival to my kitchen

9.25.2012

I've been in a bit of a funk for the past few days- doing that thing where you replay all the stupid things you did and said and wait for the shame, regret, and humiliation to dry up.  Unfortunately, nothing could really get me out of my gloom - not music, rest, movies, or sweets.  I spent most of my weekend in bed, avoiding the world (and catching up on the 18 hours of sleep I missed while in San Diego last week).  One small bright patch in my Sunday was trying out some new recipes.

I ignored the fact that it was 90 degrees this weekend, and focused on the fact that Autumn is finally here!  Both of the new recipes I tried involved pumpkin, which got me really in the mood.

pumpkin risotto - recipe found here
pumpkin spice crème brûlée (my first time using a torch!), recipe found here
roasted asparagus aka my favorite late night snack
I'm just in a place where I want to get out of my own head!  I can usually drown it out with music, or find something else to distract me, but nothing is perking me up this time.  I am terrible at letting things go, so I should take this as an opportunity to practice doing just that but instead here I am, woken up in the middle of the night by my sulking.  I'm just glad I'm not really letting it seep into the other areas of my life, and I'm not burdening anyone with it (or am I just too embarrassed?).

This too shall pass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Serendipitous Misadventures All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger