Every hurricane was named for a girl like this

11.02.2012

Generally, people only get to see a facet or two of my personality.  While I can get along with just about anyone, I can't truly let myself be all of me around everything.

I spend so much of my time apologizing for not fitting in the boxes people have made for me.  I'm can't neatly fit in the drawer you've labeled for me.  The only person who needs to approve of my decisions and my behavior is myself but I find myself feeling guilty for not being what people expect or want.  My momma has wondered aloud why I need and seek her approval, because if I were a grown adult, nobody's opinion would matter but my own - and I'm finally starting to get there.

That was a long, dramatic way to say that I've started listening to a whole lot of country music lately and I don't want to be ashamed of it any more (okay, it applies to a WHOLE lot more, but I find this amusing).  It's been my little secret (well except to people on my commute to/from work - I blast it with my windows down; that, combined with the fact that I'm a white girl driving a Prius with logos all over it makes all the people of Mid City stare at me as I drive by).


One artist that I can't stop listening to is Hunter Hayes - I adore and identify with nearly every song on his album.  I'm very lyrically-driven when it comes to music, which is why I find it to be such a personal and important component in my life.  He has written for Rascal Flatts, so even though he's quite the youngin', he's pretty talented.  He makes me kind of laugh with the truth in his songs "I'm a good slow dancer but you'd never know 'cause everybody's got somebody but me", and I definitely belt them out quite often...I'm often struck by words I identify with "I just want to drink from the words you say and be everything you need. I could so good at loving you but only if you told me to".  "Somebody's Heartbreak" was the song that got me to stop and really listen, and then get hooked on because I was like YEP, THAT'S ME.

"If you're gonna be somebody's heartbreak
If you're gonna be somebody's mistake
If you're gonna be somebody's first time, somebody's last time,
baby be mine
If you're lookin' to be somebody's 'just friends,'
A little laughin', little lovin', never callin' again,
that's just fine
If you're gonna be somebody's heartbreak...
Be mine
Oh, be mine"
"...oh I'll take my chances"


0 comments:

Post a Comment

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Serendipitous Misadventures All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger